Season’s greetings to you. I hope this blog post finds you healthy, happy and ready for holiday cheer! If you have been a frequent visitor to McCurry’s Corner in the past, then you already know I have not written a new blog post in quite some time. (15 months or so)
Sharpening the Saw — Self Renewal
“Sharpen the Saw means preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have–you. It means having a balanced program for self-renewal in the four areas of your life: physical, social/emotional, mental, and spiritual. Living a life in balance means taking the necessary time to renew yourself.
You can renew yourself through relaxation. Or you can totally burn yourself out by overdoing everything. You can pamper yourself mentally and spiritually. Or you can go through life oblivious to your well-being. You can experience vibrant energy. Or you can procrastinate and miss out on the benefits of good health and exercise. You can revitalize yourself and face a new day in peace and harmony. Or you can wake up in the morning full of apathy because your get-up-and-go has got-up-and-gone. “ … Steven Covey
The great news is my saw is now sharpened. During my sabbatical from the blogosphere, I accomplished three things:
- Career — Spent some significant time focusing on my real job, (blogging is a hobby and not part of my job) as the role and expectations of my position have changed significantly over the past couple of years.
- Personal — Addressed some health, wellness and life balance issues that emerged.
- Strategize — Re-evaluated my goals and strategy for this blog.
Since it’s inception, my vision of this blog has always been about two things:
- How Can I Help You? — Providing information to help you navigate through life’s journey.
- Shared Knowledge and Opinions — Stimulate a conversation with you, my readers, with the hope of capturing your viewpoints, insight and knowledge on mutual topics of interest.
The context, for many of my blog posts has been the Meetings & Events Business, and Technology. In the future, I plan to continue that tradition. I also plan to expand my writing focus on more personal topics, such as Life Balance, Wellness, and Personal Growth Issues.
My plan is to write about topics of interest that will hopefully get you thinking, and stimulate a conversation. How does that sound to you? Please share your feedback … I would love to hear it! Most important let’s have some fun with this.