This is a guest post by Cynthia Hornketh, Vice President — Strategic Account Management, discussing an available career opportunity at Experient.
Experient is growing. As more and more corporations embrace the value of a Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP), Experient is expanding its team of event professionals managing this cutting edge business practice. The SMMP Strategic Account Manager’s (SAM) principle goal is to build partnerships with a select client portfolio.
What is the Role of an SMMP SAM?
The SMMP SAM will consult with his/her clients regarding how to fully leverage the benefits of SMM. Experient seeks candidates with experience in this discipline. He/She will manage and grow Experient’s financial position within assigned accounts to achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
Though the position is not responsible for Experient’s operations management or service delivery, the SAM will be intimately knowledgeable of Experient’s services and how they positively impact our client’s achievement of their goals. The SAM will be an advocate for their client, within the Experient organization, and a leadership partner to operations peers assigned to support the SMM clients.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with compelling business analytic skills. The SMMP Strategic Account Manager will serve as a subject matter expert to our Sales team, and occasionally play a role in RFP development, and presentations delivery, to prospective clients.
SMMP SAM Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years corporate event marketing, hotel, account management, sales or procurement experience.
- Senior level experience in sales management or client service leadership, with particular emphasis in event management.
- Proven track record of driving team performance for success in development of accounts/ revenue streams. Demonstrated record of achieving exceptional results.
- Strong account management and project management experience with a focus on profit & loss impact and measuring goal achievement.
- Superior analytical, negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong history of superior human relations skills – dealing sensitively and effectively with others, setting and monitoring goals and motivating peers and associates.
- High levels of computer proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and work with proprietary software programs: i.e. SalesLogix.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills. Ability to multi- task in a fast-paced work environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position or more information regarding it please email Judy Adante in Experient’s human resources department.
Experient is the source for integrated meeting and event solutions. For more information regarding our service offerings please visit our website.