This past weekend I participated in my first “WordCamp” Chicago Conference. In short, this Chicago-based, two-day Blogger event was a gathering of WordPress users, and developers, with the objective of collaborative learning, and networking.
The education portion of the event was divided into two concurrent tracks, one for developers, and one for users. I paid $30 to register for the event, which included all programming and two breakfasts. In my mind, this was a real bargain!
Of course, this engaging event was full of social media activity, especially on Twitter. Throughout the conference there was an active back channel. For a transcript of the tweets please click here. Here is a graph summarizing the Twitter activity for that week, courtesy of WtHashtag.com.
- Using WordPress and BuddyPress for Education
- Creating Custom Menus with WP 3.0
- WordPress UX Flight Check
- Maximize All In One SEO plugin
- WordPress SEO Optimization
- Rocking Out Your Website With WordPress
- Backing Up and Upgrading WordPress
Copies of the slide decks are available Here.