Next week, on Wednesday, March 24 the IACC (International Association of Conference Centers) is hosting a Thought Leader Summit, which will be webcast live from the Workspring Conference Center in Downtown Chicago. The theme of the event is “Incorporating Advancing Technology into the Meeting Experience.” It will focus on using conference technology to expand or enhance – but not replace – smaller meetings, average size of 25-75.
The seasoned panel of experts includes technology professionals from conference center properties and management companies, audio-visual companies, corporate education and the planning community – all of whom will bring varied perspectives to one of the hottest issues of the day. Here is a list of the participating “thought leaders”:
- Eddie Turner, Principal, Turner Technologies, LLC
- Mike Dickersbach, V.P. Information Systems & Technology, Thayer Lodging Group
- Mark T. Greiner, Senior V.P. & Chief Experience Officer, Steelcase, Inc.
- Paul M. Leguillon, Technical Support Director, Q Center
- Steve Mahaley, Director of Learning Technology, Duke Corporate Education
- Michael M. McCurry, CMP, Strategic Account Manager, Experient
- Andrea Sullivan, M.A., President, BrainStrength Systems, Inc.
- Greg Van Dyke, Senior Vice President, Marketing, PSAV Presentation Services
- Facilitator: John P. Potterton, CMP, Vice President, Education, Professional Convention Management Assoc.
The following are the Learner Outcomes for this panel discussion:
- Anticipate and track how different presentation and collaborative technologies can contribute to—or detract from—the meeting experience.
- Develop strategies to complement the learning needs of meeting attendees through the thoughtful use of today’s technologies.
- Gain an awareness of how to create compelling learning experiences and build loyal customers through the use of social media before, during and after a meeting.
Please join us this coming Wednesday, for this outstanding event, and we look forward to your added contributions to the conversation!