It is hard to believe the big day has finally arrived. Tomorrow morning I board a flight at O’Hare to New York City. I am headed to Event Camp 2010.
As I mentioned in yesterday’s article this “Unconference” will feature some of the finest “outside of the box” thought leaders in the events business, both on the presenter and attendee side. While the program is only one day long it is action-packed. Sessions will be provided in an interactive format and a good portion of the day’s activities will be webcast, lending a hybrid feel to the event.
Many of the registrant’s participate in a Twitter Hashtag community called “#eventprofs.” My personal social media experience has grown significantly through interactions with this group. Like many of the attendees, I have not met these folks face-to-face until now.
- Meet and spend quality time with all attendees.
- Come away from this experience having learned at least two new things of value to use in my job.
- Have fun!
- Learn something new and interesting about New York City.
I would like to take a moment and acknowledge some folks who have become close friends and are my partners for producing this event:
- Christina Coster— aka “MizCity” … this event was her brainchild, and it has been fun to watch her energy flow as it has come together!
- Jessica Levin — aka “jlev” … the social media queen of Eventprofs, Jessica has knowledge and wisdom way beyond her years, and is the “go-to” person for social media. She is also meticulous with details!
- Jeff hurt — aka “godfather of eventprofs” Jeff is one of the most amazing people I have met in a long time. His knowledge and perspective on adult learning is as innovative as anyone I have ever known. Jeff has been a mentor of mine in the social media world since I started about a year ago.
- Mike McAllen — aka “McDreamy,” as branded by Jessica, Mike is a talented guy with a good heart and a great sense of humor! Many of the technology elements you will see this weekend are a result of his work!
To these folks I say it is a pleasure to collaborate with you , and most importantly be your friend!
And … to you , our virtual or live attendees, event camp 2010 would absolutely not be possible without your participation.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Here’s to an awesome conference! Lets Break A Leg!!