I can’t believe it has been 2 1/2 weeks since my last blog article. After 5 1/2 months of writing 2-3 articles per week I think I experienced my first “burnout.” Well I am anxious to resume writing… there are so many things happening in the world and so much to talk about!
My recent sabbatical from writing reminded me of a really important aspect of life; taking a break once in a while and relax a little. Many of us get so wrapped up in what we are doing these days that we sometimes forget to enjoy life! Well, I can’t think of a better way to recharge my batteries than some Black Ice, Chesapeake Crab, Friends and Football!
Due to the tough economy I could not afford to take a lavish vacation (kudos to those of you able to do that!) Instead I settled for a 4-day weekend and here is the recap of what I did:
- From Friday until Tuesday I did not respond to any business email, or business cell phone calls. I admit I did scan my email a few times, just because I can’t stand not knowing what is out there.
- I took a short trip from Chicago to Washington DC and Baltimore, Md. During that trip I
- Had dinner with my Twitter Friend Greg Ruby and Tracey at a fabulous restaurant in Baltimore called “Mom’s on the Half Shell.” I recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Baltimore, that likes Seafood. Their Crab and artichoke dip is out of this world!
- Sunday — Flew back to Chicago and spent the entire day living and breathing NFL Football! I do this anyways on any given Sunday, but it felt especially good after my quick trip to the East Coast. My son joined me to watch the Bears game on Sunday evening.
- Monday — Best day of all, I did absolutely nothing except relax, watch movies, and enjoyed some great music.
All in all not a mind blowing vacation, but relaxing nonetheless!!
So my question to you is have you been working too hard lately? If so, take some time off…. do some things you enjoy, and your work will still be there when you return!! If you have something special or unique that you do to take the edge off during these “rejuvenation” moments please share it with us.