Thursday, July 2, 2009

Less Is More .. 140 Characters At A Time!

twitter humorRecently a colleague of mine expressed frustration regarding Twitter’s 140 character limit for tweets.  Personally I applaud this rule and hope the folks at Twitter retain that standard!

Why……???? Well, one of the most important skills I have acquired from my Twitter experience is to send a strong message with very few words.  Many accomplished business writers will tell you the power of your message can be magnified by its brevity.  In my experience I believe that is true.

The world is rapidly changing and the speed of business increasing exponentially every day.  People across the world are communicating with one another instantly and frequently.  All of us are bombarded with a ton of information continuously.  The reality is many people become impatient and frustrated with long-winded messages.  More than ever the concept of “less is more” makes sense.

Twitter has created a social network enabling people to significantly expand their reach with quick messaging, all in 140 characters or less.  In my humble opinion they hit a home run with that concept!!!

Can you imagine how much more efficient our society would be if our friendly politicians were forced to limit their messaging to 140 characters or less?  How about lawyers?  We might actually get something accomplished up on Capital Hill!!!!  Perhaps we could cut our federal deficit significantly…….. Who Knows?

What are your thoughts regarding the Twitter “140 character” limit?  Do you believe it should be expanded.  Share your thoughts with us please!

Praktisi SEO April 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.

Your website offered us with valuable information to
work on. You have performed a formidable
job and our entire group can be grateful to you.

Angelita June 20, 2014 at 1:00 am

When I ofiginally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I
get three e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that
service? Many thanks!

nose job kate middleton August 19, 2014 at 5:41 am

How you look at plastic surgery depends first and foremost on how you
appear at your require. She left the doctors at the second hospital mystified as well.
By changing the size & shape of the nose, this cosmetic
nose can positively influence the balance of facial features.

plumbing wrexham August 25, 2014 at 4:28 am

When I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me
when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same
comment. There has to be a means you can remove me
from that service? Appreciate it!

dry facial skin September 5, 2014 at 12:43 am

Finally, mini face lift provide the sufferers an all natural experience by
themselves as well as at the same time improve their own self esteem and confidence
amounts. During your consultation visits, ask potential plastic surgeons about the financing plans they offer.
If nothing else, it is more “beach and tan” culture than the West LA So many people seeking cosmetic surgery and there are many thousands of them who can afford
it.

Fall Colors September 21, 2014 at 12:13 am

American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
To achieve the best results, become more proactive with
the appropriate professional services and products for your specific condition, have a hair care analysis performed and get a
personalized consultation. The initial consultation will give you a good opportunity to clear
all doubts that you may have.

in your face September 22, 2014 at 4:55 pm

The questions you should ask your plastic surgeon before rhinoplasty should be about the safety of the procedure, its efficiency, and most importantly, its appropriateness for your
body and whether it would offer results in line with your expectations.
Laser procedures are also used to diminish the emergence of
age spots and wrinkles and also to resurface
your skin. You also need to think about the recovery process and the ways it
might affect your daily life and work.